Gostaria de reagir a esta mensagem? Crie uma conta em poucos cliques ou inicie sessão para continuar.

SAM´S BLOG... o blog de Sam

2 participantes

Ir para baixo

SAM´S BLOG... o blog de Sam Empty SAM´S BLOG... o blog de Sam

Mensagem  mara Dom Dez 12, 2010 9:23 am

Sam, a esposa de kevin, tem um blog na internet.
Ela fala, em especial, de sua relação com a família.
Ela tem sido a professora dos filhos.
De vez em quando menciona algo sobre kevin e isso a gente coloca aqui, ok?
http://samsorbo.wordpress.com/

"The next day, Daddy was going to run an errand and asked if the boys wanted to come with him. (I’m fine with that, as long as they understand that homework is still due. And they love to goof off – or do anything, really – with Daddy.)

"Outro dia, o papai (Kevin) tinha tarefas e perguntou se os meninos gostariam de ir com ele. (eu concoredo, desde que eles saibam que tem de fazer a lição de casa depois - e eles adoram sair, ou fazer qualquer coisa com o papai, de verdade!)...

Sam tem também um webiste onde fala de política:
http://www.truefeminist.com/homepage.html

Última edição por mara em Seg Set 03, 2012 8:38 am, editado 1 vez(es)
mara
mara

Número de Mensagens : 19302

Ir para o topo Ir para baixo

SAM´S BLOG... o blog de Sam Empty Re: SAM´S BLOG... o blog de Sam

Mensagem  mara Ter Dez 28, 2010 9:26 am

Wishing all of you a happy, love-filled, and successful 2011.

Sam nos deseja um ano cheio de alegria, de amor e de sucesso! SAM´S BLOG... o blog de Sam 464720 SAM´S BLOG... o blog de Sam 79173
mara
mara

Mensagem  mara Ter Abr 26, 2011 9:48 am

Sam está fazendo uma horta no quintal:
SAM´S BLOG... o blog de Sam Horta_11

https://www.facebook.com/samsorbo?ref=mf&v=wall#!/photo.php?fbid=205581782809316&set=a.127339107300251.14273.119432941424201&type=1&theater
mara
mara

Mensagem  maitte Ter Abr 26, 2011 10:13 am

sam se queja de su hombro de cargar tierra...donde esta Hercules??? scratch
maitte
maitte

Número de Mensagens : 1904

Mensagem  mara Qua Abr 27, 2011 9:50 am

Hércules está aqui comigo, Teresa... ele está ocupado... SAM´S BLOG... o blog de Sam 481284
mara
mara

Mensagem  maitte Qua Abr 27, 2011 10:07 am

:duel: adueñandote de la posesion de los demas eh? :witch:
maitte
maitte

Mensagem  mara Qua Jun 08, 2011 9:36 pm

Week 18: Per Diem
I started this blog as a way to share my homeschooling journey with others. I realized I have yet to write what a typical day looks like, mainly because there is definitely a “settling in” period when you transition from outsourced schooling to home schooling. So here goes…
I usually get up at 5:30, with no alarm. That’s just when my writing wakes me up, while I’m devoted to my most recent book project. I sit with a cup of tea and type at the computer for about 2.5 hours, until, at eight, I do a quick email run down and then head upstairs to change out of my bathrobe and get ready for the day.
The kids usually wake up between 6 and 8, the little ones sometimes 8:30. When Daddy’s home, they get to bed later than when he’s not, so today, Biwa is up at 7:30, and he’s allowed to watch cartoons until 8 AM. After 8, there is no more television. That is actually incentive enough to get him up extra early sometimes! By eight twenty, Biwa is eating breakfast and the other two have wandered down to the kitchen, searching for some nourishment. Kevin is Breakfastman, so he is helping them with eggs and cereal while I get dressed.
At nine AM, I like to start the day. We begin with a short run-down of some Latin words at the kitchen table. Today isn’t the lesson day, just a review, which goes quickly, and we are off into other subjects quite quickly. Biwa wanders into my office to do spelling, with headphones and a study DVD. He takes a spelling test every day, advancing to the next test only after completing two of the same, two days in a row, with no mistakes. Shane and I get started with his “SN-V” stuff, (subject noun – verb,) or Shurley Grammar, as it’s more widely known. He loves it, and although it is hard to get him committed (there are so many other more interesting things to do!) once he is seated, he is thrilled to be able to identify all the words and their jobs in the three daily sentences, and learn the new vocabulary as well. We go through a lesson today about writing a two-point expository paragraph and he is surprisingly eager to start it: My Favorite Colors. In just under 45 minutes, we are done.
I turn his math book to the next two pages for him to complete, sending him off with a kiss on the cheek.
I call for Tavia. She has reading every day, but as I call her, the phone rings and I have to take it. Saved by the bell!
After my phone call, I wrangle Tavia and we sit to do the little bit of reading she has. She is just getting her letter sounds down, so reading is quite a struggle for her, but she is making progress and even she can see it. After about ten minutes, she starts complaining about being too hot. Her attention is shot. I gently insist on finishing the page, though, which we get through with my extra help, and then she asks sweetly, “Mommy, can I take a break now?” Of course she can!
Biwa finds me still at the kitchen table, for his grammar. “Mom, it’s time to do grammar.” I have to take care of something with my assistant in the office, but I’m back in less than ten minutes and I find Biwa sitting, imagining some war happening on the kitchen table between his Lego warriors. “Okay. Let’s get started, please!” he greets me.
Today is a lesson on quotation marks, so after the daily sentence parsing, I read through the lesson with him, go over the practice section so he knows what to do, and set him free.
Now I have a chance to catch up on the emails I’ve been ignoring, but not for long, because Shane is having trouble with the last page of math problems. That takes no time at all to sort out – he was stuck on the name Tonya in the word problems! He finishes that page as I dig out the reading book we are working in. He’s got two pages of reading lessons. While he is starting that, Biwa practices his piano. Shane sneaks over to the piano when reading is finished, and Biwa comes back to do some history: Christopher Columbus, which mainly involves reading. I read aloud to him, plus he has two chapters to read in his book about the explorer.
I call out “What do you want for lunch?” to the other two while Biwa finishes the history reading by himself.
Usually, we watch lunch at the TV with educational videos we get at the library. Today, I have the History Channel’s “Alexander the Great” on instead. Both Biwa and I are fascinated to learn about this iconic historical figure, but this subject is not really for the little ones, thought it can’t hurt for them to see it. They lose interest as soon as they finish eating, though, and head outside to find grasshoppers and snakes.
Biwa finishes up his Bible work and math after lunch. He still has reading, but I send him outside to shoot hoops for a while. In the afternoon, we head out for two karate classes. Biwa has recently advance into orange belt, so the boys are no longer in the same class, but because Biwa finished his work all before 1:30, he gets to play phone games at karate while Shane takes his class. And Tavia has a play date there with her BFF, the younger sister of one of Shane’s classmates.
When we get home, it’s time for some chores. First, Shane must unload the dishwasher. Tavia helps with forks and spoons, as he puts it. He corrected his grandmother the other day for calling it “cutlery.” Biwa gets to load it back up again while I make dinner. He has learned well and loads it perfectly. I’m so proud!
After dinner today we decide to play mancala, a strategy game with marbles, on the new iPad. I love this game, although Biwa thrashes me soundly. Then we do a round of Shoots and Ladders, so Tavia can join in. Soon, it’s off to bed. For me, too. I’m exhausted, but happy!

mara
mara

Mensagem  maitte Qui Jun 09, 2011 5:39 am

Sam les esta educando muy muy bien Very Happy
maitte
maitte

Mensagem  mara Qui Jun 09, 2011 1:37 pm

Traduzo logo... também acho, Teresa!
mara
mara

Mensagem  mara Seg Out 31, 2011 8:17 am

Welcome to a new year of homeschooling, Sorbo-style.

We started off the new school year one week ahead of our public school, mainly because we had all really lazed toward the end of the summer, and I knew we would need a ‘settling-in’ period to get back in the groove. By this I mean we did part-time school with old workbooks, just to review and get up to speed with our work. Meanwhile, I had ordered our new textbooks and was waiting with bated breath.

Now, if you’ve read previous blogs, you know how I tout the wonders of the Shurley Grammar curriculum. We are currently pursuing years 4 and 2 of that study. Biwa hates the writing component and yet he excels at it, so I make a point of noticing how quickly he finished, after he moans about how long it will take him to do both assignments (yes, two writing assignment on writing days!) Shane dislikes doing any work, yet revels in it once he’s begun. He adores learning.

For mathematics, Shane has the 3rd year Spectrum notebook and Biwa 4th year and they are both finding the books challenging but not overwhelming.

For history I still like The Story of the World series, but I’ll be honest, the workbooks are a little much for my kids for some reason. I don’t believe in forcing a child to do what I call busy work because they know what it is. Biwa never has patience for drawing or coloring; he lacks aptitude for it anyway, so why torture him? Shane, on the other hand, loves those kinds of things, as well as connect-the-dots and puzzles, so he is much more responsive to the coordinated workbook for history. I found him a connect-the-dots book specifically on Egypt and it’s all I can do to keep up with him.

As for science, it’s all around us. We have our lizard and the boys are expert lizard hunters. We are hatching a tomato hornworm into its moth. The tomato hornworm was found by Shane, after our first four up and died on us, and he eventually formed his chrysalis and buried himself in our terrarium. But not before absolutely devouring my tomato plants! That’s okay, because I made a garden this year, so the kids got to experience first hand growing some of the other vegetables they eschew. We also just attended the Science Night at our public school. I only remembed it at the last minute, after karate, and I innocently asked, so, did you still want to go to Science Night tonight? “Yes! I LOVE science!” was the resounding answer.

I’m having Biwa study French this year, and he has actually started pronouncing the “R” correctly, finally, but I am still researching a better Latin program for the future. The one I got for last year turned out to be only a single year program!

But there are even more important lessons to be learned at home and so I will share this story with you.

I have some very ugly outdoor lights. They are purple, and hang very low, giving them a strange vibe. I had recently realized that I could maybe rehang them upside down, and they probably would look a lot better, so I asked a painter to give me a quote to paint them a more palatable color, but I never heard back. Finally, I decided to take matters into my own hands and I offered the job to Biwa, for a lot more money than he deserved. Part of my thinking was that by over-rewarding him I would somehow engender a greater sense of responsibility and he might ‘rise’ to the occasion. That was misguided, but I’m getting ahead of myself.

Biwa stepped up gamely enough, taking the lanterns I removed from the walls, scrubbing and washing them, and then taping them to my satisfaction before starting to paint them with a primer-paint spray we had picked up.

Then his sister made a great big mud puddle with the hose. Shane joined her and that proved too much temptation for Biwa. Mud is fun!

Biwa came to tell me the paint can needed a rest, and he was going to join his siblings in the mud bath. Well, push apparently came to shove, and Biwa ended up spray-painting his younger brother’s arm. Livid, I explained that this was completely irresponsible of him (he could have blinded Shane!) and I cut his promised wages in half.

But let’s face it. He is only ten. I reconsidered my rush to judgment while Biwa was rinsing off upstairs. When he came downstairs after showering I told him I felt that perhaps I had overreacted. I would only dock his pay by 20% (thus forcing him to do some math work as well).

He looked at me with a sly smile. “That’s good, Mom, ’cause in the shower I was thinking that I could just refuse to do it at all, and then you’d have to get a guy in to paint and that would cost you a lot of money – more than me.” He knew already that no painter had returned my calls.

Well paint me proud, though a little miffed at his cockiness. His barely suppressed glee at having bested me in this negotiation was too obvious to overlook.

After duly absorbing his surprising grasp of basic supply and demand economics, the next day I decided I had to take him down a few pegs.

I started with, “Biwa, things have changed a bit again.” Then I launched into my own cunning analysis in a very matter-of-fact tone. “After I began applying your own logic to my situation, I’ve decided that you are going to do the job I gave you for half price. You see I know that there is nowhere else that you can earn the money I will pay you, even just this half we are talking about. So you will finish the paint job, and you will be happy to collect your pay for it. And if it isn’t done today, then I will do it myself, and that money is off the table for good. And for next time, I hope you’ve also learned it’s best to keep quiet when you are ahead, although I am very proud of you for thinking the way you did in the shower yesterday – you know that. You are very, very smart!”

Of course he tried to argue with me, but I had the upper hand (though how long this will last is a testy subject for me). There really is nowhere else for him to earn that kind of money, and I know him – he loves money! He eventually agreed, and even put on a smile when I insisted. I do admit to enlisting friends to commend his fine job and also remark on how well paid he was – not letting on they knew it was only half of our original figure.

This entire experience involved a couple of tremendously valuable lessons in the art of negotiation and supply and demand – none of which would have been taught in this way had my son been enrolled in our local school. (I could never have given him this chore with all the homework he would be bringing home on a daily basis.) And of course the lesson I learned is also invaluable: a child may rise to the occasion you craft for them, but they are only so tall.

mara
mara

Mensagem  mara Ter Nov 01, 2011 10:12 am

Em resumo, Sam reiniciou o ano letivo das crianças, ela é a professora deles, porque isso é permitido na Califórnia, desde que ela siga o programa oficial. Ela também ensina francês e latim para eles.

O filho mais velho, Braeden, gosta de ser chamado de Biwa. Eles gostam de ciências. Sam conta que ofereceu um dinheirinho para Braeden pintar um pequeno lustre que ela tinha na varanda e ele, ao invés de ir pintar, foi brincar na lama com os irmãzinhos e acabou pintando o braço de shane com tinta. Sam ficou muito zangada, porque ele poderia ter jogado tinta (spray) nos olhos de Shane e Shane teria ficado cedo. Ela então diminuiu o valor do trabalho e Braeden respondeu que achou bom ela não mudar de ideia quanto a ele fazer o serviço, porque ela não acharia ninguém para fazê-lo por esse preço...Very Happy
mara
mara

Mensagem  maitte Ter Nov 01, 2011 10:25 am

:lol: los niños son niños :#82:
maitte
maitte

Mensagem  mara Ter Nov 01, 2011 10:38 am

É verdade, Teresa... Very Happy
mara
mara

Mensagem  mara Qui Nov 22, 2012 9:16 am

Que lindo! Gracias por enviar, Teresa:

Very Happy

http://samsorbo.wordpress.com/2012/11/21/what-thanksgiving-means-to-me/#comment-786

Os americanos comemoram o dia de Ação de Graças em novembro. eis o que Sam escreveu sobre o desta ano, quando o pai de Kevin faleceu:

O que significa para mim o Dia de Ação de Graças

21 de novembro de 2012 por Sam Sorbo

Eu amo o feriado de Ação de Graças e o que ele representa: uma atitude de gratidão.

Enquanto eu me esforço para manter essa perspectiva todo o tempo, o Dia oferece-me a oportunidade de refletir sobre o quão bem sucedida eu sou em ser grata por tudo que tenho na vida.

Este ano o dia de Ação de Graças é especialmente triste para mim: meu adorável sogro faleceu há apenas um mês atrás, no meu aniversário. Ele era um homem muito especial e um avô maravilhoso para meus três filhos e todos os seus netos, e o fato de que ele sofreu muito quando ele se aproximou de sua morte me deixa triste. Eu tenho lutado com o "porquê" de sua infelicidade ao longo das últimas semanas, assim como o meu marido- Kevin- e, claro, sua viúva, vovó. Ele teve complicações de uma cirurgia de quadril de emergência que o levou a contrair a infecção terrível que leva tantas vidas, uma vez que corre solta em hospitais de todo o país. Lynn tentou ser forte e tentou superar, mas, depois de três meses e meio de dor no hospital, ele sucumbiu.

Eu acordei na minha manhã de aniversário com meu marido de joelhos ao lado de minha cama, chorando, porque seu pai tinha morrido. Kevin é o homem mais forte que eu conheço, mas a perda de um pai que ele adorava derruba a gente, como o fez. Em sua batalha longa com a própria doença, eu nunca tinha visto Kevin derrubado com a dor, embora ele certamente tenha sofrido com os prejuízos decorrentes de sua doença. Ele é um lutador, e ele lutou com ela por três anos. Ele realmente é o retrato da "verdadeira força"( TRUE STRENGTH)- descrita em seu livro, mas este golpe arremessou-o ao chão, e como eu testemunhei isso, aconteceu comigo também.

"Nos dias que se seguiram, eu descobri que com a raiva é mais fácil de lidar do que a dor."
- Emily Giffin, "Heart of the Matter"

A passagem de Lynn é um vazio mais certo e permanente do que qualquer outro que Kevin tenha experimentado através de seus próprios esforços, e as circunstâncias são angustiantes para todos nós. Na sua morte, Lynn tornou-se uma estatística, e todos nós protestamos contra esse insulto final. Isso, certamente, não era uma distração indesejada da finalidade terrível de sua perda, mas e daí? Quem nossa raiva machuca?
Só nós, certo?

Colin Powell disse: "Fique bravo e,então, supere isso", mas Ralph Emerson Waldow colocou-o melhor quando escreveu "," Para cada minuto que você está com raiva você perde sessenta segundos de felicidade. "

Eu me aproximei da semana de Ação de Graças deste ano com todas essas várias emoções apaixonadas. E então, como o feriado se aproximava e nós visitamos a família e amigos, percebi que a morte nunca é o fim, mas apenas uma parte da viagem, e esta é uma época de ação de graças. É um momento para celebrar as memórias felizes do homem que criou meu futuro marido com amor e devoção, para que ele se tornasse o pai tremendo que ele é, e Lynn vive nele; a chance de lembrar a grande dádiva de estar com Lynn e nossos próprios filhos. Como a minha filha de 7 anos de idade apontou para a avó, mão em seu coração: "Ele não foi embora, vovó, porque eu tenho ele aqui no meu coração." É uma oportunidade para lembrar a maravilhosa presença de Lynn em nossas vidas - um presente
, para o qual somos obrigados a mostrar a nossa gratidão.

O dia de Ação de Graças nos oferece a oportunidade de escolher o que focar, pois devemos incentivar a gratidão para diminuir o desapontamento.

Sou grata pelo feriado de Ação de Graças me ofere4cer a oportunidade de novamente me centrar em ser grata.

SAM´S BLOG... o blog de Sam 193717SAM´S BLOG... o blog de Sam 98282SAM´S BLOG... o blog de Sam 1851553709SAM´S BLOG... o blog de Sam 326734

Última edição por mara em Sex Nov 23, 2012 7:44 am, editado 1 vez(es)
mara
mara

Mensagem  maitte Qui Nov 22, 2012 12:01 pm

:love: :good: :angel:
maitte
maitte

Mensagem  mara Sex Nov 23, 2012 7:43 am

KEVIN SAID, ABOUT SAM´S BLOG /Kevin respondeu, sobre o artigo acima:

My wife posted her blog and I wanted to send it along. She was very kind in her words and we all have something we can be thankful and grateful for in these crazy, hard times. Take the time today and say your grateful prayer as well.

Minha esposa postou isto em seu blog e eu quis compartilhar. Ela foi muito gentil em suas palavras e todos nós temos algo pelo qual somos gratos nestes tempos difíceis e loucos. Toma um tempinho hoje e diga sua prece de agradecimento também.

SAM´S BLOG... o blog de Sam 87112SAM´S BLOG... o blog de Sam 559575
mara
mara

Mensagem  mara Sáb Dez 15, 2012 9:19 am

Interessante o que Sam escreve sobre o Natal:

Em resumo, Sam diz que é a mais nova de 5 irmãs e num Natal ela tinha 11 anos e o padrasto - porque ela tinha feito alguma travessura- pediu a ela que entregasse os presentes para a família na manhã de Natal...ela passou a "desgostar" do Natal.
Ela diz que ao ficar adulta começou a mudar isso porque ela tinha se tornado uma pessoa que não sabia receber dádivas. Sam acordou!
Ela mudou e isso a ajudou a ajudar Kevin quando ele adoeceu gravemente em 1997 e ao ajudá-lo a voltar ao trabalho mesmo sem ter condições de fazê-lo (ele passou de 14 horas para 1 hora ao dia). Sam descobriu no Natal uma nova alegria e nos deseja, a todos nós, um lindo Natal, com amor e Paz!

http://samsorbo.wordpress.com/2012/12/15/the-context-of-christmas/

SAM´S BLOG... o blog de Sam 323952
mara
mara

Mensagem  Conteúdo patrocinado

Conteúdo patrocinado

Ir para o topo